RBT – Registered Behavior Technician
The Registered Behavior Technician provides direct one-on-one behavioral interventions to teach communication, social, and daily living skills and reduce problematic behaviors in the home, community, and school settings. Registered Behavior Technicians will utilize interventions developed out of the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Establish & maintain a therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building the value for the client of social interaction with the RBT.
- Prompt safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem solving skills.
- Fade prompts appropriately to promote both successful and independent responding.
- Increase the frequency or duration of safe and appropriate replacement behaviors by providing access to reinforcers (desired items/actions, attention, or removal of demands/aversive situations).
- Accurately collect behavior data including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and interval based recording.
- Accurately collect data based on current programming.
- Follow the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seek out appropriate consultation.
Skills and Competencies
- Interested in psychology, special education, or behavioral health
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other data collection programs specific to our industry.
- Confident communication skills for interactions with family members and caregivers of the client.
- Excellent written communication skills for Session notes and other forms of documentation.
- All applicants must have an active Registered Behavior Certification
What We Offer
- Work directly with children and their families
- Flexible work schedule
- ABA graduate student supervision available
- Ability to grow within the company
- Competitive pay
The Registered Behavior Technician will report directly to the BCBA and Clinical Supervisor assigned to the case, as well as the Clinical Director.
Connect Pus Therapy is an equal opportunity employer.