Amazing opportunity to enrich the lives of a children with autism in a fun, loving and supportive camp setting. Perfect for students pursuing a degree in ABA Therapy, Recreational Therapy, Education, Special Education, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy, Social Work, Psychology, Art Therapy, Music Therapy or Related Fields.
Connect Plus Therapy is having a summer camp at the Kellman Brown Academy in Voorhees, NJ from June 24th to August 30th for campers ages 2-12.
We are looking for energetic interns to assist in all aspects of the camp day including:
- Planning, implementing and adapting activities as needed
- Participating in a variety of activities including but not limited to:
- Adaptive Sports
- Arts and crafts
- Field trips
- Water Play
- Assisting campers in increasing independence, social skills, community participation, and building peer relationships
- Encouraging and creating social interactions with peers
Interns will have a direct relationship with experienced BCBA’s and integrate data analysis and clinical treatment planning into their daily camp responsibilities. This will include but is not limited to:
- The use of functional assessment to determine functions of behavior
- Exposure to a variety of data collection methods through various forms, including our digital online platform
- Access to numerous curricula for providing intervention to individuals with autism covering such areas as language and communication, social skills, self-management and daily living skills
- Opportunities to plan in collaboration with the team, create and implement functional and fun activities for campers
- Receive training in applied behavior analytic techniques to address both behavior reduction and skill acquisition
Orientation will occur the week prior to camp and provided on site by Connect Plus Therapy’s BCBAs and Behavior Technicians. This training is mandatory to ensure the best practices and treatment of our campers.
All interns must consent to a background check and child abuse clearance screening.
If all of this sounds like something that you are interested in please complete the form below! Make sure that you include an updated copy of your resume. We also need to know which college or university you are currently attending and any requirements from your college or university from Connect Plus Therapy. Also, let us know of any special interests or hobbies that you can share with our campers.
Connect Plus Therapy is an equal employment opportunity.